Featured in Healthcare Intelligence Network
By Brooke LeVasseur, CEO of AristaMD, April 2018
Adoption of new technology is playing an increasingly vital role in the future of healthcare practices. Through population health solutions, artificial intelligence and new expanded telehealth offerings, healthcare stakeholders are better able to achieve triple aim goals with increased access to care, reduced readmissions and transfers, improved care coordination and more efficient clinical workflows.
These technological advancements have the potential to improve patient outcomes while significantly decreasing the overall cost of care.
- According to the Certification Commission of Healthcare Information Technology, it is estimated that about 50 percent of healthcare finances are wasted, due to inefficient processes.
- Empowering providers with new communications tools can lead to increased efficiency and improved care coordination at a lower cost.
- New advances in care delivery models such as eConsults allow providers to have immediate access to the necessary information to treat their patients without the constraints of physical location. eConsults allow for providers to connect with specialists to collaborate on treatment plans, all within the primary care setting.
While telehealth can deliver substantial cost savings, it can also deliver clinical advantages.
- Telemedicine allows for greater access to care for those living in areas where either population congestion or geographic proximity makes gaining access to healthcare more difficult. Providers are also able to have access to more patients per day versus a traditional office visit.
- eConsults are making strides in the senior and Medicaid managed care industries because it allows for the elderly population to receive eConsult specialty care from the comfort of their primary care setting.
- Prison systems have also taken advantage of eConsult platforms to alleviate the extra staff/security and financial costs of transferring an inmate to a hospital or specialty care setting.
AristaMD is focused on improving patient outcomes through more timely access to specialty care. Its eConsult platform provides a telehealth solution that empowers primary care providers with clinical workup checklists and the ability to conduct electronic consults (also known as eConsults or virtual consults) to significantly improve the patient referral process and allow greater access to timely, high-quality care. Designed to seamlessly integrate into physician referral workflows, the platform allows payers and providers to quickly and cost-effectively launch specialist eConsults using their own specialists or those provided by AristaMD’s board-certified panel of experts. AristaMD’s platform has proven to deliver cost-effective, timely access to specialty care through eConsults, significantly reducing the need for face-to-face visits while increasing patient satisfaction. Committed to driving better health outcomes, AristaMD partners with healthcare stakeholders to ensure their success in the transition to value-based care.