Clinics turn to AristaMD to assist with primary care case management. Knowing when to refer a patient is as important as managing patient referrals. About half of patients that are referred never seek the guidance of a specialist. Primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants use physician to physician consultation to:
- Improve access to care.
- Increase the likelihood that the patient will receive the appropriate treatment.
- Expand the service offering available within the practice.
- Manage the cost of care, particularly among those clinics that assume risk.
COMMENTS TO SPECIALIST
I am not sure what to do for my patient’s post-COVID symptoms. 59 year old, female patient was diagnosed at the end of November.
- 2x vaccinated
- Continued severe fatigue – can barely stay awake in the exam room
- Reports severe dyspena on exertion; not dyspneic in exam room (Ambulatory 02 normal, vitals remained normal)
- Recent CT of lungs normal
- CBC, CMP, BNP normal
I think this is due to the complex nature of this virus. She’ll likely need time to recover.
- Do you have any further recommendations for the dyspnea?
- Do you know what is causing the dyspnea in absence of CT findings?
Request an eConsult Demo
Primary Care Case Management Using eConsults
Step 1: The primary care provider submits a physician consult request using AristaMD. Required specialty, images, patient history, and related clinical documentation are included in the distant site telehealth request.
Step 2: A U.S. based, board certified specialist reviews the patient’s chart, comments from the primary care provider and the images.
Step 3: The eConsult specialist sends recommendations and patient resources to the requesting provider via the AristaMD platform. The response will include recommendations and resources that are useful in the development of a treatment plan for you patient.
Step 4: In the final step, AristaMD uploads the eConsult response and notifies the provider by email. At this time, the provider can ask questions of the specialist or simply close the request.