How Can Clinics Improve Specialist Selection?
Primary care providers who want to improve the patient referral process often look to the specialist selection process for efficiency. In this video, Cory Wilson, sales executive at AristaMD, discusses how referral management:
Encourages patients to see specialists by getting them scheduled quickly.
- We use decision-support scheduling to find an in-network provider to ensure the appointment is made quickly.
- Rules-based scheduling and search functionality allow your staff to schedule patients faster — increasing the likelihood that the patient sees a specialist and avoiding out-of-network providers.
Improves care continuity for patients.
- We leverage in-application tools to enhance communication between the referring physician, specialist, and patient. We’re lowering patient costs, decreasing travel, and decreasing unnecessary specialist visits.
- We also allow you to send and receive the patient’s medical history and treatment plan to ensure that you can reduce expensive duplicate or inappropriate tests.
Grow in-network referrals.
- You can access features that support value-based care: like identifying in-network providers, viewing specialty and sub-specialty details, and verifying insurance eligibility.
See How Our Tool Improves the Patient Referral Process
Selecting the Right Specialist Using Referral Management
Let’s go ahead and get started and talk about the first way to optimize the referral process, which is to improve specialist selection. Selecting the right specialists with using referral management.
Let’s talk about how that affects the patient in a positive way. So electronic transfer of patient history and patient notifications deliver faster appointments for patients. In-network, location and subspecialty search functions are gonna make sure that costs are lower for patients. We’re decreasing patients travel as well is decreasing unnecessary specialist visits for the patient. We’re also gonna give your staff the ability to attach complete patient history to a referral. So that’s gonna reduce any inexpensive duplicate or inappropriate tests for patients if otherwise referred out.
Combine eConsults and Referral Tracking for Successful Value-based Care
Health plan administrators, ACO leadership teams, physicians and practice staff often comment that the pandemic highlighted existing challenges. Staff turnover, increased patient care delivery demands and changing reimbursement models put pressure on stretched resources at every healthcare system level. As a result, providing appropriate care requires all of us to rethink specialty referral workflows.
The healthcare staffing shortages impact patients, practices and the entire healthcare delivery system. Nearly 1.7 million healthcare workers have quit this year. The remaining 76% of healthcare workers say they are burned out and exhausted.
AristaMD offers a solution to gaps in the specialty workflow. Our platform combines eConsults with referral tracking and management to:
- Reduce the impact of staff turnover and provider shortages.
- Optimize the selection and direction of in-network referrals.
- Improve specialty care coordination and outcomes.
- Manage wait times for specialty care.