Jr. Staff Accountant
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated, Staff Accountant to support the finance department as it transitions through growth. The ideal candidate will use their sharp business mind, mathematics wizardry, attention to detail, and proven experience to assist with accounts payable, accounts receivable and journal entries.
What You Will Do
- Support months end general ledger close activities, such as cost allocations, revenue calculation, journal entries, and invoicing.
- Assist with external audits; support updating and developing company policies and procedures as well as internal controls documentation.
- Process accounts payable invoices ensuring proper codification is used; assist with fixed asset documentation, reconciliation, and entries.
- Prepare and maintain monthly account reconciliations including various balance sheet accounts, bank accounts, and credit cards.
- Maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a set of internal controls designed to mitigate risk, ensure the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and verify that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Interfacing with banks regarding cash management functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting or related field.
- Minimum 2 yrs years experience in similar roles; experience In healthcare related business a plus
- Strong understanding of accounting theory; working knowledge of GAAP and internal controls.
- Experience with NetSuite, advanced level of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables and Vlookups), and Tableau or PBI (desirable but not required)
- Comfortable in a fast paced, results oriented and hands on environment.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Prior experience in a high growth, start-up environment
- Sincere interest in the development of business solutions using new technology.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and handle simultaneous assignments under tight deadlines and ins a fast-pace environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite- Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience delivering value added outcomes to management.
What Do We Offer You?
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Fun and frequent team-building events!
- 100% Remote Opportunity
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Statement
AristaMD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/ Veterans). We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.